[Crm-sig] Issue 407: Ordinal Property for E55 Type

Simon Spero sesuncedu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 19:15:58 EEST 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019, 11:21 AM Martin Doerr <martin at ics.forth.gr> wrote:

Detail: from a maths point of view, partial ordering may be allowed for:
> I.e.: not all value pairs can  be compared with respect to the order
> relation. This happens in spaces with more than one dimension, but does not
> affect transitivity. Any math freak here to confirm?;-)

A partial order defined by < is transitive, irreflexive, and asymmetric (≤
is transitive, reflexive, and antisymmetric).

Also, there can be total orders on  multi-dimensional spaces - e.g. museums
ordered by distance from Bloomsbury, and partial orders on a single
dimension - e.g. (proper) part-of on physical objects.

Simon