[Crm-sig] Issue 397

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Tue Jun 11 12:56:51 EEST 2019

Apologies for missing this back in February …

Before the deprecation of P83 and P84 in favor of P191, it was possible to say that a TimeSpan had a minimum duration of 2 days and a maximum duration of 4 days by using P83 and P84.
Now there is only a single Dimension related via P191, with the intent that the value can be an interval.

Given that in the RDF projection of CRM, the value of a Dimension is a single number (and similarly, the dates are single dates), it is not possible to express the above without some additional constructions in that projection.

Thus it seems like we need at least to define P90a_has_minumum_value and P90b_has_maximum_value as properties of Dimension to be able to express the interval value. This would be more consistent, and provide access to the construction for other uses of Dimension, so I’m happy with the deprecation of the last SIG … but we need to follow through with the corresponding RDF definitions.

I propose the following properties, which could be defined in the same document as P81a/b and P82a/b:

P90a_has_minimum_value
This property allows the lowest possible value of an E54 Dimension to be approximated by an E60 Number primitive.

P90b_has_maximum_value
This property allows the greatest possible value of an E54 Dimension to be approximated by an E60 Number primitive.

Rob