[Crm-sig] New Issue: Pxxx holds or supports

Christian-Emil Smith Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Sat Jul 20 08:27:19 EEST 2019

Dear all,

As I understand CRM, the basic idea is that a physical thing (E18 Physical Thing)

has a location (E53 Place) and this location is on (identified relative to)  a larger physical thing (E18 Physical Thing): A book has a location  at a shelf located in a bookshelf located somwhere in a room  etc.

The new property, Pxx, is a shortcut used when there is no/there is no need for information about the locations (E53 Place). This is fine and I support the proposal.

P56 bears feature (is found on) is a similar shortcut restricted to E19 Physical Object and E19 Physical Object:

"P56 bears feature (is found on) is a shortcut. A more detailed representation can make use of the fully developed (i.e. indirect) path ‘E19 Physical Object’,through, ‘P59 has section’, ‘E53 Place’, ‘P53i is former or current location of’, to, ‘E26 Physical Feature’."

The new Pxx restricted to E19 Physical Object and E19 Physical Object is exactly E56 bears feature (is found on).

E56 bears feature (is found on) should be a subproperty of  the new Pxx.

Best,

Christian-Emil