[Crm-sig] New Issue: Pxxx holds or supports

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Wed Jul 17 22:57:24 EEST 2019

Very happy to remove the fuzzy “similar to”, good catch!

I also prefer it being a super-property of P56. It’s more general than just the bearing of features. Also, the range being limited to Physical Object, rather than Physical Thing would rule out not only Features (E25, E26, E27 and below), but also the other subclass of E24 Physical Human-Made which includes at least E78 Curated Holding. While I don’t use E78, I think it would be difficult to explain why an E78 can’t be held in the space provided by a room in a building.  And definitely we should not exclude components – chessmen can clearly be in a box!

Thanks Martin!

Rob