[Crm-sig] New issue: Missing inverse of P189 PLEASE VOTE

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Fri Apr 5 23:32:31 EEST 2019

In case it wasn’t obvious, a definite YES from me ☺

Rob

From: Crm-sig <crm-sig-bounces at ics.forth.gr> on behalf of Martin Doerr <martin at ics.forth.gr>
Date: Friday, April 5, 2019 at 9:06 AM
To: "crm-sig at ics.forth.gr" <crm-sig at ics.forth.gr>
Subject: Re: [Crm-sig] New issue: Missing inverse of P189 PLEASE VOTE

Dear All,

It's an oversight indeed!

PLEASE VOTE YES, if you agree with P189 approximates (is approximated by).

In the 6.2.4 PDF, there isn’t a definition of the inverse property of P189 approximates.  One would imagine P189i is approximated by.

Given that the relationship has a direction (A approximates B), and in Geo this would be between Declarative and Phenomenal Places, this seems like an oversight? Or am I missing something about the relationship that means an inverse is not necessary?

Many thanks!

Rob

 Email: martin at ics.forth.gr<mailto:martin at ics.forth.gr>