[Crm-sig] ISSUE: representing compound name strings

Robert Casties casties at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Fri Nov 30 11:49:11 EET 2018

On 28.11.18 14:47, Robert Sanderson wrote:

> Action from the SIG meeting to send information about partitioning of names:

We are regularly fighting with bibliographical reference systems (Drupal
Biblio and bibcite modules, CSL styles, EndNote, Zotero) and how they
(not) deal with Arabic[1], Spanish[2], and Chinese names.

I have not done any extensive research but I have not seen any
encompassing support for schemes other than first-middle-last name or
consistent and usable rules for how to press e.g. Arabic names into
first-middle-last.

If anybody has pointers to good solutions I would be grateful :-)

Cheers
	Robert C.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_names
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_naming_customs