[Crm-sig] ISSUE: representing compound name strings

Øyvind Eide lister at oeide.no
Thu Nov 22 07:52:44 EET 2018

Dear Martin,

this is how the TEI would do it: http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ND.html#NDPER

So something like:

<persName><roleName type=”royal”>His Majesty</roleName> <roleName type=”academic”>Dr.</roleName> <forename>Snoopy</forename> <addName type=”nickname”>Hickup</addName> <surname>Miller</surname> <genName>Jr</genName></persName>

But one would need guidelines, esp. for the type attribute. In TEI everything can be done, and in several ways...

Regards,

Øyvind