[Crm-sig] New Issue: dimension intervals HELP!

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Nov 10 17:42:06 EET 2018

Dear Richard, All,

I think we need some expert in the respective kinds of syntax. I hope
there is someone on this list working more at the programming level. I
am no more working at the programming level.
I believe from a general point of view, it is a non-issue. I regard this
not a question of feasibility, but getting an IT guy trained in this. I
hope someone on this list knows or knows who knows:-)

The example "feet/inches" and "degrees, minutes and seconds" is
mathematically exactly the same as a date composed of "Year/month/day",
even more simple, because their are no leap-years etc. So, since the one
works, the others must work as well, in analogy.

The geometric primitives, for instance WKT strings, describe points and
volumes in 3- or even 4-dimensional spaces. Since this works, any
n-dimensional value can be represented in the same way.

A simple way is this:
In a literal, we can store any XML or JASON chunk, and represent the
schema as "unit".

Of course, we need to spell this out:-)

Best

Martin

On 11/9/2018 8:15 PM, Richard Light wrote:

> [reply trimmed to fit the list's size limits]

This is correct but does not go into things like geoSPARQL. It does not
advise how to make multidimensional values.

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr