[Crm-sig] Issue 383 Homework

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Tue Nov 6 21:00:00 EET 2018

Thank you for pushing this forward, Martin!

Quantification wise, I would be in favor of 0,1 : 0,1.

If the structure of the set of symbols changed, then it would be a different symbolic object according to my understanding of E90:

>  … identifiable symbols and any aggregation of symbols …  that have an objectively recognizable structure and
that are documented as single units.

Similarly, if the same string was used by different Symbolic Objects, then it seems like they would actually be the same symbolic object (or you would instead use two strings with the same data).
(And in the RDF projection this makes no difference, as literal values do not have their own separate identity)

For the examples, I would replace the Little Red Riding Hood example with one that is complete, to avoid confusion with the scope note requirement of being represented completely.
How about:

>  The Accession Number (E42) of the J. Paul Getty Museum’s “Abduction of Europa” (E22) _has symbolic content_ “95.PB.7“

And for the file question, do you mean that the symbolic object is the MS Word file, which has a representable set of (binary) symbols, or that the symbolic object is text which is incorporated within the file, but not verbatim (as the characters in the (e.g.) paragraph are likely to be represented in the file using very a different structure).

Rob