[Crm-sig] Issue 381: FAQs
martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Nov 3 19:02:49 EET 2018
* How do I enter data in a CRM-compatible form?
* Can I use only a small part of the CRM?
* I have a special collection, can I use the CRM?
* Where can I get a CRM-compatible system?
* How easy it is to migrate my system into a CRM-compatible one?
* What is the benefit of having data in a CRM-compatible form?
On 11/1/2018 6:01 PM, Richard Light wrote:
> I'll kick this issue off by floating suggestions of a few possible
> FAQs. Hopefully these will trigger thoughts of other (and better)
> questions which we could answer. At this stage I'm not even suggesting
> what the answers might be. :-)
> 1. Is the CRM a data model? If not, what is it?
> 2. The CRM comes out of the museum community. How widely can it
> usefully be applied?
> 3. How do I use the CRM to compare two different data standards?
> 4. Can I use the CRM to compare different ways of recording data
> values (dates; people's names; etc.)?
> 5. Can I use the RDF expression of the CRM in conjunction with other
> *Richard Light*
> Crm-sig mailing list
> Crm-sig at ics.forth.gr
Dr. Martin Doerr
Honorary Head of the
Center for Cultural Informatics
Information Systems Laboratory
Institute of Computer Science
Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
N.Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton,
Email: martin at ics.forth.gr
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Crm-sig