[Crm-sig] Intellectual Property Rights and E30 / E72

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Fri Mar 23 01:24:43 EET 2018

Yes, I understand multiple instantiation (see previous discussion about Linguistic Object and Appellation, for example).  Thus, if we want to avoid multiple instantiation as an anti-pattern for usability, we need to create a subclass that is both a LegalObject and a PropositionalObject. Fine.

I would argue that not every Physical Thing is a Legal Object. Interstellar dust is not a Legal Object. The water in international waters is not a legal object. And, yes, I hear the counter argument “That’s not in scope for the CRM so we don’t need to take it into account”

Rob