[Crm-sig] Properties of properties in RDF

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Mar 15 12:37:20 EET 2018

Dear Conal,

There is no conflict with adding subproperties. Once we have defined in
FOL the logic of properties of properties, each PC class implies its
base property. Hence, logically, the subproperty and any added ".1" will
hold for the instances declared and imply the same base property. If, at
any time we wish to connect term hierarchies of roles for the .1
properties with partially declared subproperties, we need a
straight-forward extension of the CRM. Any subproperty, e.g., may refine
domain and range.

All the best,

Martin