[Crm-sig] P90 etc.

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Mar 8 20:39:08 EET 2018

Dear Robert,

As I pointed out in my message:

I said "just define precisely what you use it for", and "when a good
community practice emerges".

I recommend NOT to recommend rdf:value, because RDFS 1.1 defines:
"5.4.3 rdf:value rdf:value is an instance of rdf:Property
<https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_property> that may be used in
describing structured values. rdf:value has no meaning on its own. "

As CRM-SIG, we cannot recommend a property without meaning. We do
ontology here, so the must be a minimal ontological commitment. Are
there other opinions?

Taken the above definition in RDFS 1.1, I question both, the precise use
and the emerging good practice,
until better evidence:-).
Do you have better evidence?

It is up to crm-sig to decide, I present only my opinion here.

Best,

martin