[Crm-sig] ISSUE Form and persistence of RDF identifiers

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Tue Jan 23 20:27:49 EET 2018

Hi Martin,

Could you lay out, beyond costly and lengthy in person meetings, could you describe how best someone might actively participate? In our experience of bringing issues that have arisen in the linked.art work to the list, there has been some discussion, but no useful resolutions that might become editorial work that could be taken on.  The text of the specification, by being managed in a word document (it would appear, from the PDF), is not able to be edited by a distributed team of volunteers.

Modern specification efforts, including the W3C and IIIF, with linked.art following their lead, use github to manage issues, changes and publication of the content. A modernization of the specification management practices might enable volunteers to be more active, with their efforts recognized and tracked.  If this was decided to be a good way forwards, I would be happy to volunteer the time to set up the repository and publishing platform.

I hope that helps,

Rob