[Crm-sig] ISSUE mental state

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Jan 10 22:28:38 EET 2018

Dear All,

I propose to introduce a class "mental state" as superclass of intention
and belief.
I argue that "mental state" is neither a relationship nor a "state" in
the epistemological sense
we have defined, regardless the label. I argue that it is actively
maintained, can be witnessed, become  weak, fuzzy and depends
existentially on
the carrier, possibly a group. As such, it is a phenomenon in its own
right. I regard it to be directly a subclass of
E2, parallel to the condition state.