[Crm-sig] ISSUE: CRMsoc and scope of CRM modules

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Jan 10 22:21:23 EET 2018

Dear All,

I propose to withdraw the decision to put the plans model into CRM "base".
The Model becomes very unwieldy now.

I propose to create a CRMsoc (social), with
all plans, rights, norms, laws, business transactions, social relations
and their detailed temporal modelling.

I propose to withdraw the decision to put "Observation" into CRMbase.
A proper handling of Observation needs a model of an observed Situation,
with adequate
constraints for the things and relationships that can be observed.
I propose to keep Observation in CRMSci. To be clarified how the
stratification with CRMInf is achieved.

I propose to give up the condition that CRMbase keeps exclusively all
superproperties necessary to reach all elements in
a CRM compatible graph.
I propose to allow extensions, with "special mark-up and permission", to
explicitly declare additional superproperties, as few
as possible, and clearly justified by a distinct subject.

Temporality of relationships appears to be a topic with a set of
distinct ontological patterns, which need to be considered separately.
Depending on the pattern, it should be decided into which module an
explicit description of a temporal validity of a relationship
will belong, regardless if the "time agnostic" version exists in CRMbase.