[Crm-sig] CRM Methodology PLEASE READ AND COMMENT

Richard Light richard at light.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 14:50:00 EET 2018

On 14/12/2017 21:48, Martin Doerr wrote:

> This statement "some of the examples provided are currently too
> cryptic to be helpful." is too general to be helpful ;-);-)...please
> tell us which ones:-)
As a general point I don't understand why there are two 'Eg' sections
for each principle.  Some have a screen icon by the first and a mouse
icon by the second; others have '+' by the first and '-' by the second.
Is it that you would like there to be two examples for each principle,
or do they play different roles?  (In some, e.g. 1.2, there are two
points in the first Eg and none in the second, suggesting they serve
different purposes.)

Specifics:

  * 2.1 TADIRAH "Research Object" needs a note explaining (presumably)
    that the research intention has no impact on an object being a
    member of the "object" class
  * 6.4Getty’s ‘Object ID’, the EAD - what do these demonstrate as
    regards mandatory/optional properties?
  * 7.1 both examples here are too cryptic: please explain what they
    show/what should be done with them
  * 7.2 is the first part of the second Eg making a different point to
    the first Eg? If so, it's not clear what it is. Second part of
    second Eg also cryptic
  * 7.3 examples are unexplained, though I get the general idea. The
    re-appearance of "Research Object" (TADIRAH) also raises the
    question whether 7.3 is different in substance from 2.1
  * 7.4 "hamlet - village" looks like a completion of the first Eg; it's
    not clear what we're advising to do about "ship - boat"
  * 8.1 isn't the second Eg the conclusion of the first one?
  * 8.2 the purpose of the second set of Egs isn't clear

Best wishes,

Richard

--
*Richard Light*