[Crm-sig] HW S11

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Apr 10 13:16:06 EEST 2018

Dear Martijn,

A better formulation is always welcome!

Logically, it is correct: "no stability of form is required" does NOT
exclude stability of form. I give explicitly the example "the sequence
of layers of a bore core". The point is, that we take a sample for a
particular feature it will be a witness for. The identity of the sample
and its duration of existence as a sample depends on the kind of feature
that needs to be preserved, be it a stratigraphy, a chemical composition
or whatever. Consequently, it can be diminished quite substanstially
without loosing this identity, whereas other impacts may not change its
discreteness as a stable piece of matter, but destroy the relevant
composition.

Proposals welcome.