[Crm-sig] Man- based class names

Athanasios Velios a.velios at arts.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 23:28:38 EEST 2018

 From my short experience of explaining/teaching the CRM in English to
conservation students, the issue of gender neutral labels has come up a
few times. I think it should be discussed as an issue. I think removing
"Man-" is a reasonable idea. Just to also note that this is not a
problem in labels from other languages. For example, it is not in Greek.
Therefore, it is not a matter of bias on gender in the SIG, but a
problem with the English language/current interpretation of "man" which
we should not ignore.

All the best,

Thanasis