[Crm-sig] HW ISSUE 326

Christian-Emil Smith Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Fri Mar 31 20:56:43 EEST 2017

Dear  all,
The pptx was made to clarify my own mind, and I hope it will not be confusing.

http://www.edd.uio.no/download/cidoc_crm/issue-326-overview-and-thoughts-HW.pptx

It starts with the current situation as in CRM 6.2.2.

I then see what happens if the cardinality of P4 is changed from (1,1:1,n) to (1,1:1,1).

I argue that the cardinality of P161 has temporal projection should be changed from (1,1:,1,1) to (1,1,0:1) allowing for instances of  E2 Temporal Entities without a spatial component. An example is I2 Belief.

With this cardinality E2 Temporal Entities and E52 Time-span may be seen as a single class.

Best,
Christian-Emil