[Crm-sig] Rights model

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Mar 10 19:53:35 EET 2017

On 28/2/2017 9:50 μμ, Robert Sanderson wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Given the current model, I believe that E30 Right is an instance of the holding of a Right, rather than the concept of the Right itself?  For example, E30 is not “Copyright” or “Apache 2.0” or “Ownership” … it is “The holding of copyright of an object by Martin”, “the use of Apache 2.0 for some code by Rob”, or “Ownership of a house by Emma”.
Dear Robert,

Yes, here we should actually talk about three things: The holding of the
right, the content of the right, and the concept of the right. E30 is
intended to be the content of the right, which is relatively trivial if
it is just an instance of unspecified copyright, but not if it is an
individual contract. If the holding of the right can be merged with the
content or not, is to be discussed. See my previous message.

best,

martin