[Crm-sig] IFLA Governing Board has endorsed FRBRoo ver. 2.4

Christine Oliver Christine.Oliver at uottawa.ca
Wed Mar 1 17:14:55 EET 2017

Dear Colleagues of the CIDOC CRM SIG,

The IFLA FRBR Review Group is very happy to announce that FRBROO version 2.4 is now officially endorsed by the IFLA Governing Board. It has taken a bit of time to achieve this goal. But we finally got there, and just in time, as we begin to work on FRBROO version 3 this April.

The endorsement is dated December 2016, though there was a delay in informing us because a request from IFLA Governing Board was not relayed to us until yesterday. The IFLA website will be updated shortly. In the meantime, the text of FRBROO,  version 2.4,  at http://www.ifla.org/node/10171 remains the same, except that the endorsement statement will be added.

Thank you very much to all the members of the CIDOC CRM SIG who assisted in the development of FRBROO version 2.4. A fruitful dialogue and I look forward to our future discussions as FRBROO continues to evolve.

Best wishes,

Chris

Chris Oliver
Chair, IFLA FRBR Review Group