[Crm-sig] Intervals in E60

Franco Niccolucci franco.niccolucci at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:52:07 EET 2017

Richard,

I think that your example about lengths is irrelevant. If you are referring
to a real measurement, ISO/IEC 80000 should be used, and mm is just 0.001
m. So one unit only, the standard one, and all lenghts, in serious
scientific work, are in m. If one is dealing with historic documents, then
there is a plethora of complicated unita and recordimg lengths stated in
ancient ways requires a totally different approach.

In other words, in my opinion, the right place to store ft and inches is in
a (folkoristic) note and use ISQ instead.

Of course, the above is almost off-topic here, it just serves to state that
the ft-inch CRM issue is not an issue.

Best

Franco