[Crm-sig] 6.2.2's MonetaryAmount and Currency

Jim Salmons jim.salmons at factminers.org
Sat Jan 7 02:59:06 EET 2017

Happy New Year to All,
While I have been enthusiastically following the conversations here of latte, I have been quiet and very focused on my wife's and my move from Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA to Broomfield, Colorado which is very near the brilliant computational linguists and #UIMA researchers at the Colorado Computational Pharmacology research center in Aurora at the U. of Colorado (http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/). For what it is worth, Robert's insights about the time/place sensitivity to data values makes great sense from a long-time Smalltalk/OOP modeler's perspective. The expressive/extensible context-sensitivity of this aspect of the model is a strength of the CRM as a foundation for specific use. My concern is that efforts to go too fine-grained in the base model will turn off or confuse potential users who need to see their models as  non-conflicting extension of the base model rather than as a non-compatible alternative to parts of it.Happy-Healthy Vibes,Jim