[Crm-sig] Rights model

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Tue Feb 28 22:00:42 EET 2017

Apologies, hit send a little too quickly …

Continuing to assume that E30 is “the __holding__ of a Right over a Legal Object by an Actor”, then being a subclass of E89 seems very strange.  It would more usefully be a Period with a specific object and actor, to allow a timespan to be associated with the holding of the Right.  I would suggest Activity with sub properties of P14 and P16 … but the state of holding a right is not an intentional action.

Either way (actual right, instance of right), it seems to me like there could be some changes made to the benefit of the model :)

Rob