[Crm-sig] Quick question: In response to naysayers in DPLA discussion....

Jim Salmons jim.salmons at factminers.org
Fri Jul 8 20:40:24 EEST 2016

Fellow SIG folk,

I've had a while to think about things, and want to report a slight change of plan.

I greatly appreciate the excellent information provided in the thread of this discussion, and it has certainly been a wonderful personal learning experience to find out about the exciting implementations and support for the #cidocCRM in deployed systems in such prestigious institutions and research centers.

I have, however, decided to "keep my head down" and not write a Medium article to encourage the DPLA to be more open and transparent with its Archival Description Working Group (ADWG) and to better support international standards, especially the #cidocCRM, in its hiring of a Data Usage and Analytics Developer.

It is hard enough just being an independent, unaffiliated #CitizenScientist. Being an advocate for the #cidocCRM in the U.S. with our too often "Not Invented Here" and "Go Big or Go Home" attitudes, I can't risk alienating an organization that I hope to eventually have credibility and influence with.

That said, when I do have a chance in the next few weeks, I plan to write an non-DPLA-oriented article focused on the wonderful systems, projects, and institutional support of the #cidocCRM as evidenced by Dominic's tweets and the various posts to this discussion. So, in this sense, please do not hesitate to provide additional contributions to this list citing the "latest and greatest" #cidocCRM-compatible systems.

BTW, I am especially interested in learning about any projects or institutions using or planning to use #FRBRoo and, most especially, #PRESSoo.

I also look forward to learning more about the recent two paper sessions on the CRM at #CIDOC2016 in Milan.

    Happy-Healthy Vibes,
    -: Jim :-

    Jim Salmons and Timlynn Babitsky
    Twitter: @Jim_Salmons, @TimlynnBabitsky, @FactMiners, @Softalk_Apple