[Crm-sig] Quick question: In response to naysayers in DPLA discussion....

Christian-Emil Smith Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Wed Jul 6 21:08:06 EEST 2016

One may also point to the new national Danish museum system called SARA. This is not an rdf-based system. It is however based on CIDOC-CRM & Spectrum in the information architecture.  This is, in my view, the most important think. A decision to organize the information compliant with the basic principles of CIDOC-CRM, makes the task to map the data into a rdf-triplestore or to other interfaces for linked data almost trivial. See
(https://kulturognaturreise.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/kulturstyrelsen-sara.pdf). Most of the other documentation is for natural reasons in Danish.

It may also be worthwhile to study Getty's Arches system (e.g. http://www.getty.edu/conservation/our_projects/field_projects/arches/) which have cidoc-crm included in a similar way to Wiski system.

Best
Christian-Emil