[Crm-sig] Quick question: In response to naysayers in DPLA discussion....

Jim Salmons jim.salmons at factminers.org
Wed Jul 6 06:08:59 EEST 2016

Hello CRM SIG folk,

In a Twitter exchange where I expressed my disappointment in the closed
membership and non-transparent nature of the DPLA ADWG (Archival Description
Working Group), and disappointment in the recently posted Developer for Data
and Usage Analytics job posting (https://goo.gl/rhckCk) not recognizing
international standards such as the #cidocCRM, there has been a strong
condemnation of the #cidocCRM stating that it not be taken seriously because
"there are no major scalable production systems after all these years"
(https://twitter.com/ewg118/status/750519840545398786).

As my interest, research, and limited professional exposure is not in this
realm of "major scalable production systems," I would appreciate any advice
for examples to counter this opinion.

Thank you,

    Happy-Healthy Vibes,

    -: Jim :-