[Crm-sig] Participation to forthcoming meeting

Franco Niccolucci franco.niccolucci at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:57:34 EEST 2015

Dear Chryssoula and others

it seems that I will unfortunately miss also this SIG meeting. Instead, Paola and Achille are coming and will report on some interesting thoughts come up at the Poznan TPDL workshop on the CRM. They are now looking for flights and may arrive at some time on Tuesday, depending on connections and seat availability. Thus they may miss the 1st day of the SIG meeting, Tuesday 6th.

There is one small thing coming up during the Poznan discussion which might concern the discussion on Tuesday, according to the agenda, so I summarize it below.

E92 Space-time volume is the domain of the two properties P160 has temporal projection, and P161 has spatial projection. However these two properties link E92 respectively to an E52 Time-span and to a E53 Place; these are the *overall* projection of the E92, i.e. throughout any place (P160) and any time (P161).
Additionally, there exists P164 is restricted by, which generates a new Space-time volume, actually a subclass E93, restricted to a specific Time-span.
It may be useful to restrict these projections at a specific place (for P160) and at a specific time (for P161).
So one could consider the utility of defining
P160.1 at E53 Place. It characterizes the temporal projection (a Time-span) of E92 at a specific Place
P161.1 at E52 Time-span. It characterizes the spatial projection (a Place) of E92 at (during) a given Time-Span.

Actually the same effect of P161.1 may obtained this way: E92 Space-time Volume: P164 is restricted by; E52 Time-span: P161 has spatial projection: E53 Place.
So P161.1 is a sort of shortcut, but it complements nicely the proposed P160.1.

Here is a an example: the space-time volume describing the 4D extent of Iron Age in Europe

P160 -> Which was the time span of Iron Age (answer: from 11th century BC until circa 1100 AD)
P160.1 -> Which was the time span of Iron Age in England? (answer: from 800 BC until 43 AD)

P161 -> Where was Iron Age (answer: all Europe)
P161.1 -> Where was Iron Age during the 1st century AD? (answer: the areas not yet conquered by the Romans at year 1 AD, approximately modern time UK, Germany, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe; part of these were conquered during the century)

The Pleiades mapping paper, presented at Poznan, has full-fledged scope notes for the above.

Best wishes

Franco

Prof Franco Niccolucci
Director, VAST-LAB