[Crm-sig] How to represent the textual content of documents about museum objects?

Dominic Oldman doint at oldman.me.uk
Tue Sep 8 12:27:29 EEST 2015

 Dear Conal,
I think there are various approaches you can take depending upon what your objectives are.
1. Identify (describe) the document and provide access to it. Using CRM this would harmonise with other CRM data.2. Identify particular fragments of the text (using FRBRoo).  3. Tag particular things in the text
In terms of 3 there is TEI but also the option of using CRM in RDFa tags to identify entities and relationships in the text that would have correspondence in the data. This is an approach we have used at the BM. RDFa tags can be used to identify people, places, subjects etc, and can link these entities using CRM properties. These can operate on their own as an extension to the RDF store or be harvested into the RDF store.

Cheers,
Dominic