[Crm-sig] HomeWork, ISSUE 276, P49

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Oct 9 20:52:31 EEST 2015

Dear Franco,

This is a different issue:

On 6/10/2015 5:49 μμ, Franco Niccolucci wrote:
> Cutlery - which is **possibly** an E78 collection - is again different. Think of a set of glasses that are more subject to changes compared with metal spoons and forks: you start with 12, then they break, one tonight, another one tomorrow, and so on. For how long would you consider them a set and not just spare glasses?
I'd say, it is the job of the museum to define that. The CRM just
recommends that there is a definition. It can be individual. It can have
fuzzy transitions. The principle lays in the purpose of the concept: do
you keep the glass as souvenir, as archaeological evidence, or for
drinking. The glass as such has no identity.

opinions?

best,

martin