[Crm-sig] Condition State as Spacetime

Athanasios Velios a.velios at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:58:26 EEST 2015

Hello,

Coming from a conservation background I have been concerned with E3
Condition State for a while. In my view the Condition State can only be
considered in relation to a physical thing and it would not make much
sense to consider it alone. An Event on the other hand (the other
perdurant) can be considered outside its geographical location.

This makes me wonder if Condition State is actually a Temporal Entity. I
think it makes more sense for Condition State to be a Spacetime Volume.
"The extent in spacetime of a material phenomenon" (E92 scope note) is
closer to the meaning of condition state in conservation than the
"extent of the phenomenon over time" (E2 scope note).

Looking forward to the meeting next week.

All the best,

Thanasis