[Crm-sig] FW: new CIDOC CRM issue

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Mar 24 21:16:30 EET 2015

Hi Steve,

This was indeed our argument in the past. May be we should revise this
position.
I'd argue that the separation of  built structure from shaping
foundations is so fluent,
that is is normally undecidable as a criterion. I'd argue that any
"moving" of buildings
should be regarded as a "reconstruction" or "resurrection" at another
side, which had to be shaped anew for that purpose to receive the
building, and implies destructive actions at the foundations of the
original building at least, and does not follow "natural boundaries" of
the building
against the ground. I'd argue that we should by rule define such a
building as new, regardles how much simiarity and old substance it
carries. It was designed to be immobile. Intention is important in our
discourse. I'd argue, truely mobile homes are technologically very
clearly distinct.

I believe such a decision will make the CRM much clearer...?

Cheers,

Martin