[Crm-sig] Issue P10

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Mar 17 18:11:36 EET 2015

Dear All,

I was pointed to the fact that E92 Spacetime Volume lacks a containment property.

The property E4 Period P10 falls within E4 Period is described as:

"This property associates an instance of E4 Period with another
instance of E4 Period that falls within the spacetime volumes occupied by the latter." lala

Since E4 Period in CRM v6.0 IsA E92 Spacetime Volume, P10 should be property of E92, and no more
of E4. Then, it will also be a property of E18, meaning that within some object, for some time, there
was something else, for instance, a golden bracelet in a treasury box. Sounds quite intuitive.
It may also be, that inside a thing something happened, such as Lord Nelson dying in a room
on HMS Victory. Finally, it may mean that within some Period, some object or person existed,
which is equally correct. Summarizing, not only gives this generalization credit to the fact that
P10 does not describe a causal or part-of relation, but the mixing of periods containing things
and vice-versa appears to be quite intuitive.