[Crm-sig] Documentation Modelling Question

Christian-Emil Smith Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Wed Jun 10 23:00:20 EEST 2015

Hi
E31 Document is a subclass of E73 Information Object as shown below. There is an aspect of intentionality connected to instances of this class . The property P70 reflect this as well:

E31 Document. P70 documents (is documented in): E1 CRM Entity
(Scope note: This property describes the CRM Entities documented by instances of E31 Document. Documents may describe any conceivable entity, hence the link to the highest-level entity in the CRM hierarchy. This property is intended for cases where a reference is regarded as being of a documentary character, in the scholarly or scientific sense)

There is a similar property for visual objects not claiming documentation.

E36 Visual Item  P138 represents (has representation): E1 CRM Entity
(Scopenote: This property establishes the relationship between an E36 Visual Item and the entity that it visually represents.)

Both P70 and P138 are subproperties of the general

E89 Propositional Object. P67 refers to (is referred to by): E1 CRM Entity
(Scopenote:This property documents that an E89 Propositional Object makes a statement about an instance of E1 CRM)

As the scope note says: . P70 documents property is intended for cases where a reference is regarded as being of a documentary character, in the scholarly or scientific sense

I haven't had a look at LIDO for years, so somebody else has to answer that question.

Regards
Christian-Emil

E31 Document
Subclass of:   	E73 Information Object
Superclass of: 	E32 Authority Document

Scope note:	This class comprises identifiable immaterial items that make propositions about reality.

These propositions may be expressed in text, graphics, images, audiograms, videograms or by other similar means. Documentation databases are regarded as a special case of E31 Document. This class should not be confused with the term “document” in Information Technology, which is compatible with E73 Information Object.

Examples:
	the Encyclopaedia Britannica (E32)
	The image content of the photo of the Allied Leaders at Yalta published by UPI, 1945 (E38)
	the Doomsday Book
Properties: