[Crm-sig] Documentation Modelling Question

daniel riley daniel at verisart.com
Wed Jun 10 18:55:15 EEST 2015

Hello All,

If this is not the correct place to post this please let me know, but I
can't find any other CRM support resources.

I am currently working on our provenance system for artworks. Occasionally
we need to add evidence of certain events. For instance, the art production
event may be accompanied by an image that documents that event (artist w/
artwork). Also a transfer of ownership event may be accompanied by a file
representing a receipt.

What would be the best way to associate these types of 'evidence' with
existing Cidoc CRM events? The most obvious seems: E30 Document - P70
Documents - E1 Entity (entity could be the event or the object), but just
wanted to check that that would be the most correct way.

A somewhat related issue is that we are unable to find a mapping from a
LIDO resourceSet to Cidoc CRM. Its a similar issue, maybe all resources are
just documents that document the object.

Thanks for any guidance,
Daniel Riley
Verisart