[Crm-sig] Disjunct properties

Dan Matei danmatei50 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 14:19:14 EET 2015

Hi friends.

Thanks for the suggestions. I followed your advices.

"My" data model is – grosso modo – JSON-LD's. So I have a mechanism to
handle JSON sets. So, what if I use JSON sets for disjunctions (as Simon &
Carlo suggest) ?

Here is the (draft) result:

[

    {

        "@id": "#TheMassacreOfTheInnocents",

        "@type": "crm:E22_Man-Made_Object",

        "statement": [

            {

                "@id": "#s1",

                "predicate": "rm:P108i_was_produced_by",

                "object": "#e1",

                "provenance": "#p1"

            },

            {

                "@id": "#s2",

                "predicate": "medium",

                "object": {

                    "@value": "tempera and gold leaf on panel",

                    "@language": "en"

                },

                "provenance": "#p1"

            }

        ],

        "provenance": "#p1"

    },

    {

        "@id": "#e1",

        "@type": "crm:E12_Production",

        "inclusive_disjunction": [

            "#s3",

            "#s4"

        ],

        "statement": [

            {

                "@id": "#s3",

                "predicate": "crm:P11_had_participant",

                "predicateQualifier": "#painter",

                "oblect": "#Bartolo",

                "provenance": "#p1"

            },

            {

                "@id": "#s4",

                "predicate": "crm:P11_had_participant",

                "predicateQualifier": "#painter",

                "oblect": "#AndreaDiBartolo",

                "provenance": "#p1"

            },

            {

                "@id": "#s5",

                "predicate": "crm:P4_has_time-span",

                "object": {

                    "@value": "#1380",

                    "qualifier": "ca."

                },

                "provenance": "#p1"

            }

        ],

        "provenance": "#p1"

    },

    {

        "@id": "#h1",

        "@type": "crm:E21_Person",

        "statement": [

            {

                "@id": "#s6",

                "predicate": "crm:P131_is_identified by",

                "object": "#Tiziano",

                "provenance": "#p2"

            },

            {

                "@id": "#s7",

                "predicate": "crm:P11_had_participant",

                "object": "@e2",

                "provenance": "#p2"

            }

        ],

        "provenance": "#p2"

    },

    {

        "@id": "#e2",

        "@type": "crm:E67_Birth",

        "exclusive_disjunction": [

            "#s8",

            "#s9"

        ],

        "statement": [

            {

                "@id": "#s8",

                "predicate": "crm:P4_has_time-span",

                "object": "#1488",

                "provenance": "#p2"

            },

            {

                "@id": "#s9",

                "predicate": "crm:P4_has_time-span",

                "object": "#1490",

                "provenance": "#p2"

            }

        ],

        "provenance": "#p2"

    }

]

What do you think ?

Dan

PS. I this way I could handle even disjunct properties with different
predicates. As – for instance — the major ontological contribution of a
(Hungarian) Transylvanian peasant:

(Context: between the Wars). One day, the main road of the village is
crossed by a turtle. Huge amazement: the villagers did not see a thing like
that before. So they quickly ask for their wisest and most knowledgeable
guy, Sanyi Bácsi [Old Sandor/Alexander] (he attended the Great War !).
Sanyi Bácsi comes quickly, takes a good look and concludes: "This either is
something OR is going somewhere."