[Crm-sig] RE new CIDOC CRM issue

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Feb 25 14:04:12 EET 2015

Dear Patrick,

I believe the additional explanation "P9B forms part of: E5 Event: P9
consists of: E5 Event." is sort of an overkill.
The subproperty-of-declaration "E7 Activity: P15 was influenced by
(influenced):E5 Event"
should simply be replaced by:
"E7 Activity: P15 was influenced by (influenced):E2 Temporal Entity".

The fact how this Temporal Entity relates to the Recording Event itself
is not necessary to be formally declared in order to achieve CRM
compatibility. It appears to me, that Recording Event is a special case
of the new Observation class in CRMSci, but this is not CRM "proper".
The states that can be recorded should overlap temporally with the
Recording Event, and refer to observable phenomena within the space of
the event. I fear we are not yet in a position to
describe these things adequately in logical terms, so may be better just
leave it to the scope note?