[Crm-sig] Problem: the fakes

Dan Matei Dan at cimec.ro
Fri Feb 20 21:20:15 EET 2015

Hi friends.

-----Original Message-----
From: martin <martin at ics.forth.gr>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:13:38 +0200

> I'd argue that "fake" is genuine property of the E12 Production
> event itself. The "new" Van Meegeren works were ingenious creations of

Good point. That E12 event should "enjoy" the property of being a forgery :-)

But I still have to state somehow the pretended creator, the pretended time-span etc. and the real creator etc. (if known) :-(

Dan

PS. I have several cases of (very good) contemporary forgeries of Romanian (early 20th cent.) painters. But the bomb expoloded with
 a false Il Perugino (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietro_Perugino), a "Madonna with Chiled" [1]. There is a consesnsus among many experts about
the forgery. One expert suspects that the real autor is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Caletti.

[1] http://clasate.cimec.ro/detaliu.asp?tit=Pictura-de-sevalet--Vanucci-Pietro-di-Cristoforo-numit-Il-Perugino-maniera-lui--Madona-cu-
pruncul&k=01837564DC914F6985FD03F33451FAC5