[Crm-sig] Problem: the fakes

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Feb 19 16:07:49 EET 2015

Dear Dan,

In case it is known to be fake, its creation is "influenced" by Rubens, and
even "used specific object" the original, if it has an original.
See, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_van_Meegeren
for the difference.
In case the similarity cannot be proven to be based on causal influence,
it is "P130 shows features of".

The fact that facts may wrong, is an epistemological question of maintaining
a knowledge base, and not a question of the ontology. There must not be a
property "isPhony", but a an annotation, and a mechanism to negate facts
(any fact!).
As annotion model, CRM-SIG has just approved CRMInf, which will be proposed
to CIDOC as recommendation.