[Crm-sig] Fwd: Re: Money, money, money...
Dan at cimec.ro
Sat Feb 7 13:15:10 EET 2015
From: "Dan Matei" <Dan at cimec.ro>
To: "martin" <martin at ics.forth.gr>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 12:55:49 +0200
Subject: Re: [Crm-sig] Money, money, money...
From: martin <martin at ics.forth.gr>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 14:00:06 +0200
> In order to address this in CRM-SIG, we need a some database schema/
> data structure
> in scope we can take as empirical material.
> I believe acquisition of museum objects is one area of application.
Our use-case has nothing fancy. The Romanian museums have to record for an acquisition:
• the type (purchase, donation, field collection, etc.);
• the date;
• the provider (seller, donor, finder, etc.);
• the amount paid (in case of purchase);
• obligations (e.g. to expose);
• the legal proof document.
Until you come-up with a refined solution, I accept Steve criticism and I consider a brute force solution :-)
I borrow from the Financial Industry Business Ontology [FIBO] (http://www.omg.org/spec/EDMC-FIBO/FND/):
• fibo:Money_Amount (considered a subclass of crm:E72_Legal_Object);
• fibo:Currency (considered a subclass of crm: E55_Type).
• fibo:has_amount/is_amount_of (fibo:Money_Amount -> xsd:decimal);
• fibo:has_currency/is_currency_of (fibo:Money_Amount -> fibo:Currency).
And I "invent" the property:
• paid/paid-for (crm:E8_Acquisition -> fibo:Money_Amount) (not very happy with the English wording :-(
Critical comments, please...
More information about the Crm-sig