[Crm-sig] Homework: issue 230

Richard Light richard at light.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 19:08:08 EET 2015

Hi,

If I have interpreted your longer paper correctly, that means that the
whole co-reference mechanism that the CRM has erected fails to address
the practical requirement which I would have.  That is, the ability for
me to indicate that a word or phrase in a source document refers (in my
opinion), to a specified real-world person (or other non-information
object).

Have I got this right, and, if so, is there a CRM mechanism which /does
/allow me to make this kind of assertion?

Best wishes,

Richard

On 04/02/2015 12:06, Øyvind Eide wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please find enclosed my homework for issue 230. It consists of two things:
>
> * New scope notes for E91 Co-Reference Assignment, shortened to keep
> semantic web complexity out of the CRM. Thanks to Gerald for input.
>

> * A draft for a document describing the complexity left out of the
> scope notes, based on Martin's previous scope notes and input from
> Arianna (but no responsibility on any of them for the result!). This
> document could be developed into a technical paper referred to from
> CRM, to an article, or both.
>

> Best,
>
> Øyvind

*Richard Light*