[Crm-sig] HW: Issue 234

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Feb 6 13:53:30 EET 2015

Dear Oeyvind,

Thank you for your comments!

On 6/2/2015 12:20 μμ, Øyvind Eide wrote:

>> >On the other side, we can identify E93 with the verb "was" in the sense of the Spanish/ Italian? estar / stare ?.
> In my little on-computer dictionary “stare” has 13 senses which seems to cover a large semantic room. I will leave it to the speakers of the languages to decide on the issue...

Sure, I just meant the analogy of "estar" with the sense of temporarily
being somewhere or being in some temporary state, in contrast to the
sense of being something. I find it interesting, that such a
differentiation of "being" exists in these languages using a completely
different verb, besides other senses of course.....