[Crm-sig] ISSUE E4 IsA E92, E18 IsA E92

Øyvind Eide lister at oeide.no
Fri Feb 6 11:05:59 EET 2015

Dear Martin,

Seeing E4 Period as a type of E92 Space Time Volume is a stretch, but in some sense it feels natural. Period is a temporal entity stretching out in time so the similarity to the more general Space Time Volume is in some sense natural.

On the other hand, saying that E18 Physical Thing isa E92 Space Time Volume feels strange. Does that not amount to saying that in some sense a thing IS its extension in space and time?

I see the arguments for simplification but the inheritance also needs to be ontologically true. Is it? Can something be a space-time thing and a endurant at the same time?

Maybe this establishes a multiple inheritance in E18 Physical Thing as a link between the 3D and the 4D world. What would Plato say to that?
;-)

Regards,

Øyvind