[Crm-sig] HW: Issue 234

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Feb 2 18:12:19 EET 2015

Dear All,

I believe:
a) E92 and E93 cannot be merged. The addition of a

P164 <#_P164_%28Px9%29_is> is restricted by: E52 <#_E52_Time-Span> Time
Span

    property is essential to the identity criterion on an E93.
Therefore, it is a special case of E92, and not
    an optional property added to it.

b) We should get rid of explicit modelling phenomenal spacetime volumes
completely. The question about
how many contiguous STV parts constitute an instance of E4 Period, must
not be the reason to introduce
a particular relation for all spatiotemporal reasoning. A phenomenal STV
is so unambiguously
bound to the phenomenon, either E4 or E18, that this can equally be
solved by making contiguous subsets
of E4 Period a subclass of E4 Period, and then make them part-of of the
larger one.  Multiple instantiation,
even though alien in substance, is the most intuitive model, and,
consistent, if we don't stick to clumsy representations of the normal
case in order to have elegance for rare phenomena.

Then, we can get rid of P158,P159 and all the quantification mess.

On the other side, we can identify E93 with the verb "was" in the sense
of the Spanish/ Italian? estar / stare ?.

If I want to say, "Martin was in room G151 on Monday noon",

I can identify myself with my STV, "was" with the snapshot of my STV to
Monday noon, and "in room G151"
with " P161 has spation projection: Place XXX. falls within "room G161".

I'd regard that such compact expressiveness is really what we need  for
basic CRM, and not endless chains
through useless theoretical constructs.

c) We should regard E52 Time-Span as "phenomenal" and Time Primitive as
"declarative".

All the best,

Martin