[Crm-sig] Your visit to Oxford

Donna Kurtz donna.kurtz at beazley.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 1 20:55:44 EET 2015

Dear SIG Members,

We are looking forward to welcoming you. The Conference Room of OeRC has been booked for your meetings 9-12 February.

We would like to thank you for agreeing to a series of presentations on the morning of the 9th.

 Dominic suggested that we use  Eventbrite to help plan that morning. If you too could, please, 'accept' the invitation copied below  (if you are coming to Oxford) it would be helpful.

OeRC is centrally located, about 15 minutes on foot from the train station and about half that from the bus/airline station at Gloucester Green. It has no facilities for meals but is less than five minutes from many restaurants/shops. Like all university buildings it has security protocols for your access between 0900-1700. We will tell you more about the Centre on the morning of the 9th.

I copy some web links for Oxford city/university and the invitation sent to key members of the university for digital technologies.

The practical information:

General tourism
http://www.visitoxfordandoxfordshire.com

Travel from Heathrow
http://airline.oxfordbus.co.uk

OeRC
http://www.oerc.ox.ac.uk/find-centre

University IT Structure
https://www.it.ox.ac.uk/about/structure

Mathematical Institute Cafe in the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/members/building-information/cafe-catering

The invitation:

Opening, linking and sharing research data

 We invite you to meet world leaders in semantic web technologies for museums, libraries, archives and the cultural heritage sector.

9:30-10:00                coffee in the Atrium of OeRC
10:00 and 12:00       presentations in the Conference Room of OeRC
>From 12:00               discussion in the Conference Room of OeRC

The occasion for this invitation is the meeting of the CIDOC CRM Special Interest Group in OeRC 9-12 February. The Group has expressed great interest in meeting Oxford researchers and learning from them.

As the Oxford organiser, and a non-technical research academic, I asked the Chairman of the CRM SIG, Dr Martin Doerr, and the Co-Chairman, Dominic Oldman, to offer this session to explain the benefits and challenges of opening, linking, and sharing research data. I also asked them to assume no knowledge of Linked Open Data. They were happy to agree – and to offer this remarkable opportunity.
All working SIG meetings are open; you are welcome to attend. The topics of each working session will be presented on the morning of the 9th.

It would help us to organise the event if you could, please, register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/opening-linking-and-sharing-research-data-tickets-15498793308

We look forward to seeing you.

 Additional information
OeRC                          http://www.oerc.ox.ac.uk/find-centre
CIDOC CRM                http://www.cidoc-crm.org/
CRM Primer                http://www.cidoc-crm.org/docs/CRMPrimer_v1.1.pdf
ResearchSpace           http://www.researchspace.org/

Dr. Martin Doerr (http://www.ics.forth.gr/isl/index_main.php?l=e&c=529 ), Chair of the CRM SIG
Dominic Oldman (http://www.oldman.me.uk/), Co-Chair and Director of the Mellon-funded ResearchSpace Project
Patrick Le Boeuf (http://library.ifla.org/838/1/086-leboeuf-en.pdf)
Stephen Stead (http://www.paveprime.com<http://www.paveprime.com/>)

If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact donna.kurtz at oerc.ox.ac.uk  for the Oxford e-Research Centre and the CIDOC CRM Special Interest Group<mailto:%20donna.kurtz at oerc.ox.ac.uk%20%20for%20the%20Oxford%20e-Research%20Centre%20and%20the%20CIDOC%20CRM%20Special%20Interest%20Group>
Professor Donna Kurtz
Senior Research Fellow of Oxford e-Research Centre
7 Keble Road, Oxford OX1 3QG
www.oerc.ox.ac.uk<http://www.oerc.ox.ac.uk>, www.culturalheritage.ox.ac.uk<http://www.culturalheritage.ox.ac.uk>, www.clarosnet.org<http://www.clarosnet.org>, www.waa.ox.ac.uk<http://www.waa.ox.ac.uk>