[Crm-sig] reified association vs sub-event

Karl Grossner karlg at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 17 04:17:38 EEST 2014

This thread spurred me to finally revisit some work I did in 2010 that departed from both CIDOC and DOLCE by reifying a participated relation to get at roles among other things. Just wrote a blog post about it, with links and figures, and plan to convert the model soon from FOL and an object-relational schema to something more appropriate for 2014, like OWL2. ( http://kgeographer.com/wp/stuff1a/ )

My (probably naive) view is that reification enables sensical open world systems, by permitting attribution of individual statements. Or if open world is strictly AAA, without identifying who Anyone is, what use would it be?

Karl

Karl Grossner, PhD
Digital Humanities Research Developer
Stanford University Libraries