[Crm-sig] Çatalhöyük excavation data

Vladimir Alexiev vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com
Thu Oct 16 12:47:56 EEST 2014

> I recently published a lot of Çatalhöyük excavation data
> The endpoint is
> http://regis.stanford.edu/openrdf-sesame/Catal2013
> and some explanation and sample queries are here:
> http://catalhoyuk.stanford.edu/index.php#/3/0///

Hi Karl!
That's quite nice, esp. the explanation page and the sample queries.

What repository do you use? I noticed some of the queries are slow...
If you want to try your hand at OWLIM (now called GraphDB), drop me a note.
It's used by some of the largest CH repositories (some of which were discussed here under the topic "SPARQL endpoints"):
Europeana, Polish DL, British Museum, Getty vocabularies, YCBA, CHARISMA (conservation portal), 3D COFORM...

Your page says "Spatial queries on the graph await implementation of GeoSPARQL".
While OWLIM does not yet have full GeoSPARQL, it has checking by radius and bounding box,
see http://vocab.getty.edu/doc/#Places_Within_Bounding_Box and the following few queries.
E.g. one is "find Castles near Mountains"

Cheers!
--
Vladimir Alexiev, PhD, PMP
Lead, Data and Ontology Management Group
Mobile: +359 888 568 132, SMS: 359888568132 at sms.mtel.net
Landline: +359 (988) 106 084, Fax: +359 (2) 975 3226
Calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vladimir%40sirma.bg