[Crm-sig] Modelling land registries

Christian-Emil Smith Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Sun Jun 22 12:54:57 EEST 2014

Dear all,
After a series of requests I agreed to transform a land registry (farms) to rdf. For me the natural choice is CRM.

The main historical function of a land registry is to administrate taxation not necessarily to give an overview of a geographical/physical  division of land, thus a farm can be seen both a production unit (corporate body) and as a  physical feature owned by somebody.  Do you have examples of modelled land registries or opinions on how this should be done in a CRM based model? It could be good thing to have a harmonized model of this at least in a European context.

Kind regards,
Christian-Emil