[Crm-sig] A CRM API?

Vladimir Alexiev vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com
Tue Jun 10 12:21:31 EEST 2014

> Unfortunately the latter is not yet JSON-LD at the BM, which would be my preference

Agreed.
We have an outstanding task to add JSON-LD output to OWLIM (Sesame actually).
It's quite likely we'll do it within 6 months as part of the Multisensor project.

Simon and Barry are right: use basic sem web principles:
resource URLs with content negotiation, and SPARQL when you need it.

Gerald> easily retrieve the model and its component parts individually

Our ResearchSpace experience shows it's not worth making custom JS domain models on top of CRM (e.g. one for painting, another for archaeological find).

Just use CRM. But how to display CRM data in the best possible is highly non-trivial, e.g. see
https://confluence.ontotext.com/display/ResearchSpace/Data+Display+Discussion
https://confluence.ontotext.com/display/ResearchSpace/BM+RForms+Mockup

It's worth having specially defined Result Fields (key fields), e.g. see:
https://confluence.ontotext.com/display/ResearchSpace/Search+Result+Fields

Cheers! V

PS: I never knew that http://collection.britishmuseum.org/id/object/EOC3130 "Hoa Hakananai'a" consists of thes:x11794 "Coral" in addition to stone and basalt.
Learn something new every day :-)